Front-End Developer, Senior
How would you like to work in a company that
- Values your ideas
- Empowers everyone to create and innovate
- Lets you work with the latest tech
- Encourages continuous learning
- Promotes a DevOps lifestyle - you build it, you own it!
Working at EROAD means working in a job you love. You will want to come to the office every day and do awesome stuff. We offer outstanding opportunities to experienced developers who are interested in an exciting career in a fast-growing technology company.
We want to provide the best working environment for our staff and have a lot of fun along the way. Enjoy your breaks playing table tennis, Wii, or even our arcade machine, with more than 1200 games! Connect with other EROADers at our social Fridays, with free food and drinks, and enjoy our regular social events.
We value high-quality work, using the latest and most exciting tech in an agile environment. EROAD develops cloud native micro services built on top of AWS using Amazon’s latest tech including Lambdas, Kinesis, RDS, DynamoDB, Aurora.
You will have a good understanding of web technologies, end-to-end systems, development methodologies and standards. Ideally, you'll have a successful track record in designing and building well-architected, highly available, scalable ReactJs applications. You’ll also have a good understanding, and preferably experience, of continuous integration and delivery.
- Five+ years' experience as a software developer, with at least one year using ReactJs
- Competent in designing and developing front end software within a micro services framework using RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of common design patterns and when/how to use them
- Automated unit/component testing design and implementation experience
- Experience in developing with version control system (e.g. Git)
Who is EROAD?
EROAD modernises road charging and compliance for road transport by replacing paper-based systems with easy-to-use electronic systems. EROAD introduced the world’s first nationwide electronic road user charging system in New Zealand in 2009. The company is headquartered in Auckland, with offices in Portland, Oregon and is listed on the New Zealand Exchange (NZX).
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a pivotal role in one of New Zealand’s fastest growing high-tech companies. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.
But don’t take our word for it – see what other EROADers have to say about working here.