Who is EROAD?
EROAD’s focus is on making our roads safer and more sustainable, through offering easy-to-use, accurate and reliable technology solutions to answer complex transportation problems. Since 2000, EROAD has pioneered innovative commercial and regulatory services for motor carriers in New Zealand, Australia, and the USA. Road transport operators can manage fleets and vehicles, and meet regulatory compliance commitments on a single platform that meets the highest standards of security and accuracy. These regulatory telematic services benefit both our customers by improving return on investment, and communities and the wider public through safer driving practices and valuable data analytics across the road network to help improve the planning, maintenance and management of our roads.
With a large established base in New Zealand and a rapidly growing business in the United States and recent relaunch in Australia, EROAD is looking for an in-house Legal Counsel to assist the company to meet its ambitious strategic and commercial goals.
You will be supporting the General Counsel and the Senior Legal Advisor with the management of complex legal matters and engagement across the business.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Work with cross-functional teams on commercial, legal, public policy, partnership, product, IP, privacy, platform, mobile, software, approval, certification and public company issues.
- Provide legal support on major business transactions.
- Perform pre-litigation work to minimize risks to the company.
- In-depth legal research and contract review.
- Responsible for contract management.
- Support the legal team in the development of corporate policies, procedures and programs.
- Maintain Corporate Governance Calendar with all key events planned and prepared to meet legal deadlines.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 2-5 years relevant experience in corporate law, ideally at a top tier Law Firm or inhouse role with technology, internet or telecommunications companies
- Holds a current practising certificate.
- LLB degree or higher.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft tools (Office) and exposure to digital platforms.
- Strong analytical, written and communication skills.
- Demonstrable legal and commercial analysis experience.
- Decisive and a self-starter with the energy, motivation and resilience necessary to be effective in a very demanding environment.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing technology company and to work on novel cross-jurisdictional issues in a fast-paced, stimulating environment. The role will provide you with plenty of learning opportunities and career growth prospects. You will never be bored!
Benefits of working at EROAD:
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of New Zealand's fastest growing high-tech companies.
EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment. We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work