How would you like to work in a company that
- Values your ideas
- Empowers everyone to create and innovate
- Lets you work with the latest tech
- Encourages continuous learning
- Promotes a DevOps lifestyle - you build it, you own it!
Working at EROAD means working in a job you love. You will want to come to the office every day and do awesome stuff. We offer outstanding opportunities to experienced developers who are interested in an exciting career in a fast-growing technology company.
We want to provide the best working environment for our staff and have a lot of fun along the way. Our office is equipped with Alexa Echo devices and an arcade machine, with more than 1200 games! Connect with other EROADers at our social Fridays, with free food and drinks, and enjoy our regular social events.
We value high-quality work, using the latest and most exciting tech in an agile environment. EROAD develops leading-edge JS/React/Redux Web applications and cloud native micro services built on top of AWS using Amazon’s latest tech including Lambdas, Kinesis, RDS, DynamoDB, Aurora, CloudFormation, and Elastic Map Reduce.
You will have an in-depth understanding of web technologies, end-to-end systems, development methodologies and standards. Ideally, you'll have a successful track record in building well-architected, highly available, scalable and cloud-based applications. You’ll also have a good understanding, and preferably experience, of continuous integration and delivery.
- Three+ years' experience as a software developer, with at least two years’ Java
- Competent developing software within a micro services framework using RESTful APIs (Swagger), JMS and RDBMS data services (Postgres)
- Experience with REST services using JSON and XML
- Knowledge of common design patterns and when/how to use them
- Web application framework (Spring MVC, ReactJs)
- Automated Unit testing design and implementation experience e.g. Junit, TestNG, Mockito
- Experience in developing with version control system (e.g. Git)
- AWS experience is preferred (EC2, Lambdas, API Gateway)
- Familiarity with Redux is preferred
EROAD’s focus is on making our roads safer and more sustainable, through offering easy-to-use, accurate and reliable technology solutions to answer complex transportation problems. Since 2000, EROAD has pioneered innovative commercial and regulatory services for motor carriers in New Zealand, Australia, and the USA. Road transport operators can manage fleets and vehicles, and meet regulatory compliance commitments on a single platform that meets the highest standards of security and accuracy. These regulatory telematic services benefit both our customers by improving return on investment, and communities and the wider public through safer driving practices and valuable data analytics across the road network to help improve the planning, maintenance and management of our roads.
This is an outstanding opportunity to take on a critical role in a fast-growing high-tech company with international reach. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.