Are you an experienced UX Lead looking for their next challenge?
As the UX Director you will be responsible for leading the existing UX team of 4 to craft a consistent customer experience across multiple platforms, that is simple, easy to use, and focused on the jobs our customers need to do. You will achieve this through the application of sound user research, testing & the ongoing development & maintenance of a design system library. You will work closely with our VP of Product to drive an updated user experience across our web and mobile platforms & to lift the capability of UX within the business to deliver both qualitative and quantitative research aimed at better understanding the problems that EROAD’s customers need to solve, and by measuring against expected outcomes.
This is an exciting role with a mixture of hands on work and team management. You'll have previous experience of Agile Values & Scrum Methodology and be responsible for creating UX documentation (transaction flows, scenarios, wireframes, navigation models, prototypes, user interaction specifications) to communicate concepts and designs to the teams.
- Leadership, management & mentorship of the existing team of 4. 3 user research roles & 1 technical writer. Including contract resources as and when required.
- Drive an informed design led & test-driven culture across the UX and product teams.
- Help to transform complex design challenges into easy-to-use, delightful experiences. Simplicity is key!
- Promote user centred design and a consistent UX across all of EROAD product offerings
- Support our team as they engage in day-to-day activities with the Engineering Teams and work using agile development practices.
- Overall ownership across our platforms ensuring all our products are consistent, aesthetically pleasing as well as functional and intuitive.
- Previous experience leading UX teams
- User research & Quantitative research and analysis
- User testing
- Information architecture
- Dedication to lifelong design learning
- 4+ years of design experience with focus in digital
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
EROAD believes that every community deserves safer roads and the people who use the roads should influence the design, management and funding of transport networks.
This is why we use technology to create easy to use solutions that manage vehicle fleets, support regulatory compliance, improve driver safety and reduce the costs associated with driving. Simultaneously working with universities, transport authorities and others in the research, trial and evaluation of sustainable transport networks.
Since beginning in 2000, EROAD has pioneered innovative commercial and regulatory services for motor carriers in New Zealand, Australia, and the USA. Now around 80% of the electronically collected road user charges in New Zealand are being collected using EROAD technology.
We’re New Zealand’s fastest growing telematics company and are listed on the New Zealand Stock Exchange (ERD). Our head office is in Albany, New Zealand and we have almost 300 staff located across New Zealand, Australia and the U.S.A. Our innovative work is frequently awarded, we appear on the Deloitte Fast 50 Master of Growth, Asia Pacific and we have received the Brake Fleet Safety Award acknowledging EROAD’s positive impact in creating safer drivers, vehicles and roads.
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a key role in a fast growing high-tech company with international reach. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.