How would you like to work in a company that
- Values your ideas
- Empowers everyone to create and innovate
- Lets you work with the latest tech
- Encourages continuous learning
- Promotes a DevOps lifestyle - you build it, you own it!
Working at EROAD means working in a job you love. You will want to come to the office every day and do awesome stuff. We offer outstanding opportunities to experienced developers who are interested in an exciting career in a fast-growing technology company.
We want to provide the best working environment for our staff and have a lot of fun along the way. Our office is equipped with Alexa Echo devices and an arcade machine, with more than 1200 games! Connect with other EROADers at our social Fridays, with free food and drinks, and enjoy our regular social events.
We have some big growth planned this year, especially within our R&D teams!
You will help develop a high-end touchscreen device that meets international standards as an accurate distance recorder. You’ll be involved in the full lifecycle of development, including defining technical requirements, technical design, task estimation, development, implementation, testing, validation and deployment.
- Hands-on cutting robust, maintainable and scalable code with tests.
- Embedded software design and development in C and C++.
- Unit testing using Googletest and Googlemock.
- Automated integration and robustness testing with trip simulation.
- Code inspection and peer review using GitFlow.
Who are you?
- You love working with cutting edge technologies and solving tech problems, and you design and build well-thought-out, reliable and stable software.
- You’re obsessed with quality, and you want your customers to care about your products as much as you do.
- You want to be part of a small, motivated and knowledgeable team.
- You are an excellent communicator, and a quick learner who thrives in fast-paced environments.
- You’ve worked in agile teams delivering products through the entire development lifecycle.
- You have experience of OOP development (ideally C++, C# or Java), state machines and dependency injection or IoC.
- You understand embedded systems, architecture, development methodologies and standards.
- Design and development of event-driven component architectures.
- Automated and manual testing.
- You’ve used development tools such as Jira, etc.
EROAD’s focus is on making our roads safer and more sustainable, through offering easy-to-use, accurate and reliable technology solutions to answer complex transportation problems. Since 2000, EROAD has pioneered innovative commercial and regulatory services for motor carriers in New Zealand, Australia, and the USA. Road transport operators can manage fleets and vehicles, and meet regulatory compliance commitments on a single platform that meets the highest standards of security and accuracy. These regulatory telematic services benefit both our customers by improving return on investment, and communities and the wider public through safer driving practices and valuable data analytics across the road network to help improve the planning, maintenance and management of our roads.
This is an outstanding opportunity to take on a critical role in a fast-growing high-tech company with international reach. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.