EROAD develops award winning SaaS and hardware products to solve today's transportation problems. From efficient movement of goods to the safety of people on roads from Seattle to Sydney and Auckland to Oakland. We want you to join one of our nine Auckland based engineering teams.
Join one of our autonomous teams where you and your team are free to decide how to solve difficult problems everyday.
In the C++ Software Engineer role you'll write software which deploys frequently to over 100,000 connected in-cab telematics units. You'll be working with new technologies to solve exciting challenges:
- Develop software that scales beyond 100k devices.
- Design new features and products used by hundreds of thousands of drivers every day.
- Fast feedback - manipulate over a billion data points that we receive each month to gather valuable insights to improve our products.
- Optimise for storage and communication costs.
- Maintain high standards for security, accuracy and reliability.
- Promote a DevOps lifestyle - you build it, you own it!
- You’ve worked in agile teams delivering products through the entire development life-cycle.
- Experienced in C/C++ development.
- You have solid commercial experience of OOP development (ideally C/C++), state machines and dependency injection or IoC.
- You understand embedded systems (and their limitations), architecture, development methodologies and standards.
- Automated testing, you know of and have used unit-test and integration test frameworks.
- Code inspection and peer review
You'll have flexible work hours and get to work with a diverse bunch of people in awesome new offices with table tennis and arcade machines.
Life at EROAD is more than just about work:
- Fortnightly innovation day - you can work on any project you like.
- EROAD Hackathons with great prizes - turn your idea into a product!
- Free food and drinks every Friday afternoon.
- Generous (8 weeks) parental leave for all new parents.
- Lots of T-Shirts for every occasion.
Once you have applied your CV will be assessed by the people you are actually going to work with. We will send you an interesting software problem which is in line with the type of work you would be doing here at EROAD. If all goes well we do person to person interviews with members of the team you will become part of. We have plenty to show and are interested to hear about your past working experience.
EROAD’s focus is on making our roads safer and more sustainable, through offering easy-to-use, accurate and reliable technology solutions to answer complex transportation problems. Since 2000, EROAD has pioneered innovative commercial and regulatory services for motor carriers in New Zealand, Australia, and the USA. Road transport operators can manage fleets and vehicles, and meet regulatory compliance commitments on a single platform that meets the highest standards of security and accuracy. These regulatory telematic services benefit both our customers by improving return on investment, and communities and the wider public through safer driving practices and valuable data analytics across the road network to help improve the planning, maintenance and management of our roads.
This is an outstanding opportunity to take on a critical role in a fast-growing high-tech company with international reach. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.