As a Product Manager at EROAD you will be responsible for setting the direction for the fleet management and driver behaviour areas of our service. You will play a significant role in our business and help our customers to get the most value from the data our product provides to drive their businesses and to help to ensure safer more productive roads. We are currently starting a significant review and update of this area of the product – this is chance to make a meaningful difference that has a lasting impact. You will be responsible for working closely with our customers & the wider market to understand and execute our product vision and roadmap by identifying & resolving high value customer problems and working with our agile development teams to create and deliver intuitive solutions. You will manage your product portfolio to meet both EROAD’s strategic objectives and our current and future customers’ needs.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conduct research to understand current usage and identify high opportunity problems to be solved across the market, current and potential customers.
- Forecast commercial outcomes, business value and customer impact in collaboration with the appropriate in-market teams and Finance.
- Work closely with Engineering to define scope and milestones to ensure on-time and in-scope delivery.
- Partner with UX to validate proposed solutions using prototypes and wireframes to reduce risk and ensure market fit.
- Communicate the product roadmap to a broad range of stakeholders (agile development teams, in-market businesses, the executive investment committee, and customers) managing competing priorities and ensuring release readiness
- Support product marketing with value proposition development, internal communications, help and training requirements.
- Analyse product usage trends and user feedback to understand value and for continuous improvement opportunities.
You will be:
- A strong team player
- Proactive and decisive with strong initiative.
- Business savvy and commercial confidence.
- Collaborative leadership to create influence without direct authority.
- High empathy with resilience and adaptability.
- Excellent communication with high levels of transparency.
- Ability to understand the details without getting lost in the detail.
- Creative problem solving capability.
EROAD believes that every community deserves safer roads and the people who use the roads should influence the design, management and funding of transport networks.
This is why we use technology to create easy to use solutions that manage vehicle fleets, support regulatory compliance, improve driver safety and reduce the costs associated with driving. Simultaneously working with universities, transport authorities and others in the research, trial and evaluation of sustainable transport networks.
Since beginning in 2000, EROAD has pioneered innovative commercial and regulatory services for motor carriers in New Zealand, Australia, and the USA. Now around 80% of the electronically collected road user charges in New Zealand are being collected using EROAD technology.
We're New Zealand's fastest growing telematics company and are listed on the New Zealand Stock Exchange (ERD). Our head office is in Albany, New Zealand and we have almost 300 staff located across New Zealand, Australia and the U.S.A. Our innovative work is frequently awarded, we appear on the Deloitte Fast 50 Master of Growth, Deloitte Fast 500 Asia Pacific, are the NZ Exporter of the Year, and have received the Brake Fleet Safety Award acknowledging EROAD's positive impact in creating safer drivers, vehicles and roads.