In this newly created role you will be reporting into the ANZ Finance Manager and will provide business partnering support to EROAD’s New Zealand and Australia business.
This role will provide you will the opportunity to apply your Accounting skills to supply accurate and timely information to the business, enabling sound business decisions and monitoring to occur.
This role also contributes to monthly performance management and reporting, budgeting, planning and forecasting as well as continual improvement of the financial and operational processes.
This role will be part of a team and have some direct reports.
Day to day duties will include:
- Assist the Finance Manager in the management of the month-end processes.
- Management and supervision of staff including billing teams.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of financial information by preparing month-end journals and reconciliations.
- Investigation and analysis of information to explain variations to budget and forecast.
- Assist in the continual review of processes and systems.
- Completion and assistance in compliance duties such as GST, FBT and tax.
- Completion of daily Road User Charges treasury functions.
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset ledger.
- Involvement in half-yearly and annual audits, including provision of information and explanations to auditors.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of budget.
- Preparation of weekly and ad-hoc reporting.
- Financial modelling and commercial understanding
- Ability to work across functional boundaries in a collaborative manner to get things done in the interest of our customers.
- Strong collaborative skills, with the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Good excel skills, and competence in other daily software products such as Word and Outlook.
- Ability to investigate and problem solve as issues arise.
- 1- or 2-years commercial experience
- A business-related tertiary qualification
- Working towards/ or has achieved CA qualification or equivalent
EROAD believes that every community deserves safer roads and the people who use the roads should influence the design, management and funding of transport networks.
This is why we use technology to create easy to use solutions that manage vehicle fleets, support regulatory compliance, improve driver safety and reduce the costs associated with driving. Simultaneously working with universities, transport authorities and others in the research, trial and evaluation of sustainable transport networks.
Since beginning in 2000, EROAD has pioneered innovative commercial and regulatory services for motor carriers in New Zealand, Australia, and the USA. Now around 80% of the electronically collected road user charges in New Zealand are being collected using EROAD technology.
We're New Zealand's fastest growing telematics company and are listed on the New Zealand Stock Exchange (ERD). Our head office is in Albany, New Zealand and we have almost 300 staff located across New Zealand, Australia and the U.S.A. Our innovative work is frequently awarded, we appear on the Deloitte Fast 50 Master of Growth, Deloitte Fast 500 Asia Pacific, are the NZ Exporter of the Year, and have received the Brake Fleet Safety Award acknowledging EROAD's positive impact in creating safer drivers, vehicles and roads.