Office Systems Administrator
Who is EROAD?
EROAD modernises road charging and compliance for road transport by replacing paper-based systems with easy-to-use electronic systems. EROAD introduced the world’s first nationwide electronic road user charging system in New Zealand in 2009. The company is headquartered in Auckland, with offices in Portland, Oregon and is listed on the New Zealand Exchange (NZX).
We are now looking for a versatile team player to help administer our office IT infrastructure and facilities. The role will be a mix of BAU requests and project work. The ideal candidate will be an ‘all-rounder’ with knowledge covering a broad range of IT.
The responsabilities of this role include:
- You will be the primary contact for all local and remote IT office issues, including our offices in Portland.
- Manage vendor relationships and take on some basic aspects of site and facilities management.
- Proactively monitor, maintain and develop existing office, factory, warehouse and cloud-based environments.
- Manage vendor relationships for PC hardware, printers, software licensing, phone systems, ISP etc.
- Share in all aspects of continued IT operations for EROAD to provide high levels of uptime.
What are we looking for?
- Experience in supporting a Microsoft based office environment.
- Experience in supporting Linux based servers.
- Ability to setup and configure a range of standard office IT equipment.
- Experience with VMWare, Virtualbox, Docker etc
- Experience with switches, routing, VPNs, Firewalls. Distributed Wireless
- Highly motivated ‘self-starter’ capable of working without direct management.
- An underlying consideration of security in all aspects of work carried out
- A friendly disposition and ‘can do’ attitude towards helping people
- A methodical approach to problem solving with the ability to work under pressure.
Why work at EROAD?
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of New Zealand’s fastest growing high-tech companies. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.
But don’t take our word for it – see what other EROADers have to say about working here.