Who is EROAD?
EROAD modernises road charging and compliance for road transport by replacing paper-based systems with easy-to-use electronic systems. EROAD introduced the world’s first nationwide electronic road user charging system in New Zealand in 2009. The company is headquartered in Auckland, with offices in Portland, Oregon and is listed on the New Zealand Exchange (NZX).
Why work at EROAD?
We have outstanding opportunities for experienced java developers who are interested in an exciting career in a fast-growing technology company. We have a larger than average R&D division of high-performing engineers/developers working in an agile environment, across Java, web, mobile, firmware, analytics and testing. We employ only the best and we ensure our staff have the skills, training and technology to do their best work.
What are we looking for?
Ideally, you'll have a successful track record in designing and building high-available, scalable and efficient applications, architectures and data models. You will have an in depth understanding of web technologies, systems, architecture, development methodologies and standards. A good understanding, and preferably experience, of continuous integration and delivery is also high on our list of requirements.
You will also have the following:
- 3+ years' experience as a Java developer
- Competent in designing and developing software within a SOA and EDA framework using RESTful APIs (preferably Swagger, HATEOS, etc.), Apache Camel, jOOQ, JMS, AMQP and common open source libraries.
- Experience with Postgres or Oracle
- Experience with REST services using JSON and XML
- Knowledge of common design patterns and when/how to use them
- jQuery, JSP, Servlet and JSTL experience
- Web application framework e.g. Spring MVC,
- Automated Unit testing design and implementation experience e.g. TestNG, Mockito, AssertJ. Citrus, etc
- Familiarity with web/application servers, ideally Tomcat and Glassfish
- Experience in developing against a version control system (e.g. Git and Github)
This is an outstanding opportunity to take on a critical role in a fast-growing high-tech company with international reach. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.
But don’t take our word for it – see what other EROADers have to say about working here.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!