Who is EROAD?
EROAD modernises road charging and compliance for road transport by replacing paper-based systems with easy-to-use electronic systems. EROAD introduced the world’s first nationwide electronic road user charging system in New Zealand in 2009. The company is headquartered in Auckland, with offices in Portland, Oregon and is listed on the New Zealand Exchange (NZX).
This is a key leadership role to take ownership of our engineering team and lead it to deliver multiple products and projects against strategic initiatives with support from the Senior Executive Team, product and project managers.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for coaching and career development of direct reports, and will take responsibility for eliminating impediments, and actively evolving the systems in which all knowledge workers operate.
You will be hard working and enjoy working in a team of positive, likeminded motivated people. You will be happy to be involved in peer reviews to ensure the team is following development best practise and keeping up with the latest technologies. You will also be responsible for the following:
- Development and Implementation
- System Test and Development
- Continuous improvement
- Product Development
As an Engineering Manager you will:
- Lead with integrity and promoting EROAD’s values.
- Support a positive culture and work environment.
- Not be afraid to challenge the status quo.
The be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate the following:
- 7+ years’ experience as a developer
- 3+ years’ experience leading one or more teams with direct reports
- Test experience or a strong understanding of agile test
- Solid experience with Agile using SCRUM, Kanban and other agile frameworks
- Ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to executive staff, business sponsors, and technical resources in clear concise language appropriate for each group
- Understanding of multiple development technologies and languages – Java, .Net, C/C++, Ruby, Python etc.
- Manager as Servant Leader
- Able to delivery through teams simple, high-availability, scalable solutions delivering against company goals and working across the SDLC
- Solid understanding of continuous delivery
- Able to provide technical leadership as required within EROAD’s team of developers (both internal and third party).
- Highly motivated
- Strong problem solving skills
This is an outstanding opportunity to take on a critical leadership role in a fast-growing high-tech company with international reach. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.
But don’t take our word for it – see what other EROADers have to say about working here.