Hardware Engineering Lead
Who is EROAD?
EROAD modernises road charging and compliance for road transport by replacing paper-based systems with easy-to-use electronic systems. EROAD introduced the world’s first nationwide electronic road user charging system in New Zealand in 2009. The company is headquartered in Auckland, with offices in Portland, Oregon and is listed on the New Zealand Exchange (NZX).
Our purpose is to bravely solve complex transportation problems, delivering intuitive solutions to help our customers succeed. We design and manufacture world class hardware for this purpose, delivering value to customers on compliance, safety and fleet management.
We are looking for a Hardware Engineering Lead to take ownership of all engineering aspects of EROAD’s technical activities relating to hardware design and NPI to enable EROAD to deliver quality hardware products on time.
The scope of the role includes oversight and project management of EROAD’s hardware product delivery from concept through to manufacturing.
Successful end-to-end management of hardware projects.
You will be responsible for delivering quality hardware solutions to market.
You will be hands-on and own all decisions in relation to hardware product development including mechanical and electronic design, production testing and NPI.
You will be supporting EROAD’s manufacturing with engineering related tasks as required.
You will comply with and promote EROAD’s Safety and Wellbeing programme.
What are we looking for?
- Tertiary education in Electrical or Electronic Engineering (BE or equivalent).
- 5+ years’ experience in product design and delivery in a high-tech industry.
- 2+ years’ experience in team lead or management role.
- Experience designing for automotive applications
- An extensive understanding of electronic and embedded software product development.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to interact with internal and external clients alike.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Why work at EROAD?
This is an outstanding opportunity to take on a critical role in a fast-growing high-tech company with international reach. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.