Inside Sales Representative (ISR)
Who is EROAD?
EROAD modernises road charging and compliance for road transport by replacing paper-based systems with easy-to-use electronic systems. EROAD introduced the world’s first nationwide electronic road user charging system in New Zealand in 2009. The company is headquartered in Auckland, with offices in Portland, Oregon and is listed on the New Zealand Exchange (NZX).
As a member of the direct sales department the successful ISR will leverage proven techniques that develop an interest in the company’s products and services. The ISR position promotes the company products to customers via telephone or electronic inquiries and from time to time, in person at events and tradeshows. This position will have outbound call and lead qualification responsibilities as it relates to demand generation program response with the goal of building a sales pipeline of opportunities for the field sales force and in-direct partner base.
This position requires a basic knowledge of the products & services offered by the company and its application to transportation and trucking markets. A valued individual contributor and as part of a national sales team, supports field and channel sales staff in the acquisition of new sales prospects and coordinates sales activities to enhance the broader team’s effectiveness. Responds to customer inquiries for information on the company’s products and services and helps to qualify potential sales prospects through a variety of lead nurturing activities.
This role is both challenging and rewarding, giving the ISR a career growth path with opportunities in EROAD sales hierarchy. As a member of a fully integrated national sales and marketing team, this position focuses on growing a new and existing customer base and will carry an uncapped team or individual quota.
Once trained, you will use a combination of strategic sales initiatives and tools to sell EROAD products, and build the EROAD brand in the US market.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Initiates and answers 50-75 cold calls to and from prospective clients each day.
- Reports and records all activities in EROAD’s web based CRM system (Salesforce.com) and qualifies leads for sales development.
- Through inbound & outbound calls and on-line Chat functions, develop prospect and targeted leads for an assigned Territory or Region.
- Fielding & prioritizing inbound leads from preferred partners
- Conduct Sales follow-up activities and ensure a qualify customer experience.
- Maintain customer relationships and satisfaction through excellent customer service.
- Act as a valued individual contributor and team player.
What we are looking for:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- CRM system knowledge (Salesforce.com or equivalent)
- Computer proficiency as it relates to Microsoft Office and associated programs.
- An excellent reputation as a reliable and customer focused sales professional.
- Technical understanding of transport industry products.
- Proven background or aptitude for business development
- Strong phone presence a must! Cold Calling experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to meet sales and personal performance targets.
Why work at EROAD?
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a key role in a fast growing high-tech company with international reach. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.
But don’t take our word for it – see what other EROADers have to say about working here.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!