Who is EROAD?
EROAD modernises road charging and compliance for road transport by replacing paper-based systems with easy-to-use electronic systems. EROAD introduced the world’s first nationwide electronic road user charging system in New Zealand in 2009. The company is headquartered in Auckland, with offices in Portland, Oregon and is listed on the New Zealand Exchange (NZX).
You will help develop a high-end touchscreen device that meets international standards as an accurate distance recorder. You’ll be involved in the full lifecycle of development, including defining technical requirements, technical design, task estimation, development, implementation, testing, validation and deployment.
- Hands-on cutting robust, maintainable and scalable code with tests.
- Embedded software design and development in C and C++.
- Unit testing using Googletest and Googlemock.
- Automated integration and robustness testing with trip simulation.
- Code inspection and peer review using GitFlow.
Who are you?
- You love working with cutting edge technologies and solving tech problems, and you design and build well-thought-out, reliable and stable software.
- You’re obsessed with quality, and you want your customers to care about your products as much as you do.
- You want to be part of a small, motivated and knowledgeable team.
- You are an excellent communicator, and a quick learner who thrives in fast-paced environments.
- You’ve worked in agile teams delivering products through the entire development lifecycle.
- You have experience of OOP development (ideally C++, C# or Java), state machines and dependency injection or IoC.
- You understand embedded systems, architecture, development methodologies and standards.
- Design and development of event-driven component architectures.
- Automated and manual testing.
- You’ve used development tools such as Jira, etc.
Why work at EROAD?
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a key role in one of New Zealand’s fastest growing high-tech companies. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.
But don’t take our word for it – see what other EROADers have to say about working here.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!