EROAD is a fully integrated technology, road charging, regulatory compliance and value-added commercial services provider to the heavy vehicle industry. We developed the first commercial electronic weight-mile tax service to support transport carriers to better manage their Oregon regulatory obligations.
EROAD is growing rapidly and we are are now looking for a sales engineer to join our Oregon team.
The sales engineer will play a crucial role as the primary technical resource for our sales team, as the key technical advisor and product advocate. You will also provide the link between customers and our product management team, documenting and communicating customer feedback and requirements. You will manage customer pilots, and support customers throughout the sales process.
You should have a sound background in software pre-sales support and/or technical consulting, and be able to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
This role is based at the EROAD office in Tualatin, OR. The standard working week is 40 hours but hours will vary depending on client requirements. Travel to customer sites in Oregon and neighboring states is required.
- Work with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for EROAD products.
- Actively drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process.
- Manage customer pilots, ensuring customers engage with the product, and that pre-defined outcomes are achieved.
- Represent EROAD products to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to ensure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Ensure customers are well supported during the sales process, establishing and maintaining strong relationships.
- Bachelor's degree; a degree in science or engineering is preferred
- Experience in providing technical support to customers.
- Effective at communicating technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- High degree of IT knowledge and experience. Able to learn and assimilate technical information quickly.
- 3-5 years’ experience software pre-sales support and/or technical consulting experience. BI consulting a plus.
- Bachelor's degree; a degree in science or engineering is preferred.
The Sales Engineer is the primary technical resource for the sales team, actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process.
The role includes responsibility for managing customer pilots and supporting customers during the sales process.
The position requires flexibility based on travel and client needs, as well as EROAD’s rapid growth.
If you have a high level of IT knowledge and want to be part of a dynamic fast-paced collaborative environment, in a high-growth company, we want to hear from you.
For more information please download a job description
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!