Tier 3 Technical Support
This position sits within the Technical Support department and reports to the Technical Support Manager - Australia and New Zealand (ANZ). The role will be involved in resolving Tier 3 customer requests and providing analytical and bespoke reports.
We are looking for someone who is hands on, familiar with electronic devices, networks, databases and software development. You’ll develop a working understanding of the place where user expectations and the technical capabilities of our products meet to provide value and a positive user experience for our customers.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- The escalation point for Tier 3 issues being escalated from Tier 2 Technical support staff
- Responsible for reproducing and confirming product defects and reporting such defects to Engineering and Product Management for future consideration
- Solving customer and related issues raised from Tier 2 support teams
- Identify database, vehicle hardware and Depot SaaS issues
- Ensuring that assigned problems resolved to committed deadlines
- Providing regular updates on the progress of escalated issues to Tier 2 Technical Support and, where applicable, the customer
- Diagnose root-cause of issues
- Analyse, recommend and implement preventative measures
- Selective escalation to Engineering and Product Managers for product bugs, UX issues, missing help etc. and tracking and reporting on the progress of escalated issues.
- Regular internal reporting on Issues and Problems
- Ad-hoc and regular Customer reports
What are we looking for?
While highly desirable, you do not need to have a degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering for this role – but it is essential that you have solid commercial experience in at least a couple of the following:
Firmware and Software
Why work at EROAD?
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of New Zealand’s fastest growing high-tech companies. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.
Want to know more? Apply now or download the Job description:
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!