Who is EROAD?
EROAD modernises road charging and compliance for road transport by replacing paper-based systems with easy-to-use electronic systems. EROAD introduced the world's first nationwide electronic road user charging system in New Zealand in 2009. The company is headquartered in Auckland, with offices in Portland, Oregon and is listed on the New Zealand Exchange (NZX)
As a Mid - Senior UX Designer you will craft digital experiences that are useful, usable and delightful for the customer, through applying systematic design strategies. You will work closely with our product managers to better understand the problems that EROAD’s customers need to solve. Through user research, you will articulate precisely our customers jobs to be done and propose designs that help our customers succeed.
As a member of the UX team you will be working on a number of campaigns and initiatives for our clients.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Supporting the product managers in the development of product vision by conducting user research and prioritising our customers pain points.
- Use metrics driven design thinking to look at our current user patterns and identify areas for product improvements and potential new offering.
- Understand EROAD’s customers and their needs. Use suitable user research techniques e.g. user interviews, on site observation, surveys and evaluate user feedback.
- Partner with the UX team to develop customer centred user journeys.
- Work with Product Managers and cross functional teams to identify possible design solutions through workshops and collaborative design sessions
- Engage in day-to-day activities with the Engineering Teams. This involves attending daily scrums as required and providing UX direction and education
- Promote user centred design and a consistent UX across all of EROAD product offerings
- Transform complex design challenges into easy-to-use, delightful experiences. Simplicity is key!
What are we looking for?
- Strong customer focus
- Can do attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- User research experience
- Quantitative research and analysis
- Prototyping and User testing
- 4+ years of design experience with a focus in digital.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience with presentation of ideas and proposals
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a pivotal role in one of New Zealand’s fastest growing high-tech companies. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.
But don’t take our word for it – see what other EROADers have to say about working here.
Applications close on Thursday 14th June. For further details please feel free to call James Blake, Recruitment Manager on 09 9274721.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!