Senior Software Developer
How would you like to work in a company that
- Values your ideas
- Empowers everyone to create and innovate
- Lets you work with the latest tech
- Encourages continuous learning
- Promotes a DevOps lifestyle - you build it, you own it!
Working at EROAD means working in a job you love. You will want to come to office every day and do awesome stuff. We offer outstanding opportunities to experienced developers who are interested in an exciting career in a fast-growing technology company.
We want to provide the best working environment for our staff and have a lot of fun along the way. Enjoy your breaks playing table tennis, Wii, or even our arcade machine, with more than 1200 games! Connect with other EROADers at our social Fridays, with free food and drinks, and enjoy our regular social events.
We value high-quality work, using the latest and most exciting tech in an agile environment. EROAD develops cloud native micro services built on top of AWS using Amazon’s latest tech including Lambdas, Kinesis, RDS, DynamoDB, Aurora, CloudFormation, and Elastic Map Reduce.
You will have an in-depth understanding of web technologies, end-to-end systems, development methodologies and standards. Ideally, you'll have a successful track record in designing and building well-architected, highly available, scalable and cloud-based applications. You’ll also have a good understanding, and preferably experience, of continuous integration and delivery.
- Five+ years' experience as a software developer, with at least two years’ Java
- Competent in designing and developing software within a micro services framework using RESTful APIs (Swagger), JMS and RDBMS data services (Postgres)
- Proven AWS experience (EC2, Lambdas, API Gateway)
- Experience with REST services using JSON and XML
- Knowledge of common design patterns and when/how to use them
- Web application framework (Spring MVC, ReactJs)
- Automated Unit testing design and implementation experience e.g. Junit, TestNG, Mockito
- Familiarity with web/application servers, ideally Tomcat or Glassfish
- Experience in developing with version control system (e.g. Git)
About the company
EROAD modernises road charging and compliance for road transport by replacing paper-based systems with easy-to-use electronic systems. EROAD introduced the world's first nationwide electronic road user charging system in New Zealand in 2009. The company is headquartered in Auckland, with operations in Australia and North America.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!