Who is EROAD?
EROAD modernises road charging and compliance for road transport by replacing paper-based systems with easy-to-use electronic systems. EROAD introduced the world’s first nationwide electronic road user charging system in New Zealand in 2009. The company is headquartered in Auckland, with offices in Portland, Oregon and is listed on the New Zealand Exchange (NZX).
Reporting to the Global Supply Chain Director, the Inventory Planner will manage the optimised flow of inventory into and from our off-shore EMS to our In-market Warehouses in NZ, Australia and the USA, ensuring that the right level of inventory is available to suppliers and customers, at the right time and at the right cost.
The role involves cross-functional coordination with local stakeholders, Engineering, Project Managers and the off-shore EMS Contract Manufacturer, working on continuous improvement and cost and service optimisation projects.
The role is wide-ranging from streamlining day to day order processing and optimising inventory planning and control to supplier relationship and performance development
Duties will include:
- Ensure on-time availability and cost-optimised delivery of product from our off-shore EMS into our In-market warehouses in NZ, Australia and USA
- Ensure timely and cost-optimised delivery of materials to our off-shore EMS
- Participate actively in EROAD Integrated Business Planning programme, driving improvements in forecast accuracy and inventory turns by providing analysis and relevant input on demand changes, inventory levels and risks
- Liaise constantly with Customer delivery teams to maintain optimum inventory levels
- Ensure that supplier set up, purchase info. records, inventory parameters and MRP settings are accurately maintained to ensure optimum flow, cost and service.
- Ensure that UPPVs are kept within agreed cost targets
- Take all necessary measures to continuously mitigate or escalate risk: stock-outs, purchase prices (UPPV), timely supplier and customer deliveries, inventory versus specified levels, TCO/TCA, freight and landed costs
- Coordinate with stakeholders to continually improve DIFOT, On-shelf Availability
- Participate in supplier capability assessment, supplier agreements, contract negotiations and vendor evaluation programmes
- Implement VMI/SMI programmes, in conjunction with off-shore EMS
- Maintain system changes with respect to MPNs, ECNs, PCNs, BOM, product lifecycles
- Participate in the development and evaluation of freight forwarders/LSPs
- Advocate and implement source changes, liaising with off-shore EMS with respect to localisation and TCA/TCO benefits
- Build win-win partnerships with off-shore EMS and key vendors
- Coordinate closely with SQEs and Engineering on new parts release and approvals
- Optimise Global Service Centre inventory with assistance of Inventory ControllerUse every improvement opportunity to optimise logistics costs and efficiencies
- Min. 5 years planning, procurement, sourcing or similar procure to pay role
- Demand planning, S&OP or Integrated Business Planning Experience highly regarded
- Experience with supplier agreements and contracts, Service Level Agreements
- Methodical, right first-time planning approach, thorough attention to detail
- Effective and inclusive communication style (verbal and written)
- Analytical with sound understanding of supply risk assessment
Benefits of working at EROAD:
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of New Zealand's fastest growing high-tech companies.
EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment. We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!