Who is EROAD?
EROAD modernises road charging and compliance for road transport by replacing paper-based systems with easy-to-use electronic systems. EROAD introduced the world’s first nationwide electronic road user charging system in New Zealand in 2009. The company is headquartered in Auckland, with offices in Portland, Oregon and is listed on the New Zealand Exchange (NZX).
This role will form part of a team dedicated to looking at EROAD’s entire dataset to produce origin-destination analysis, congestion analysis, travel time, and travel time reliability metrics, and much more. Because of the nature of your skills you may be called upon to provide ad hoc analysis for other parts of the EROAD business. Day to day activities with include;
- Perform complex analysis of freight movements and derive metrics regarding congestion, network activity, and travel time.
- Apply anonymisation methodologies to datasets to ensure privacy is maintained.
- Develop visualisations to demonstrate traffic activity.
- Contribute to transportation research and whitepapers.
- Develop methodologies for analysing and presenting data.
What are we looking for?
- Solid experience with at least one database tool (SQL Server etc.)
- Ability to write intermediate level SQL
- Ability to write intermediate R or Python in relation to data analysis
- Intermediate level of R or Python including a visualisation package such as ggplot2 or Shiny
- Experience building effective data visualisations
- Experience managing large data sets, without direct management
- Solid experience using a variety to tools including SQL, AWS and Python or similar
- Ability to use analytical skills in a creative and innovative way, which applying business acumen
- Adept communicator working across all levels of the organisation
- Comfortable working in a busy, high performing technology focused environment.
This is an outstanding opportunity to take on a critical role in a fast-growing high-tech company with international reach. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.
But don’t take our word for it – see what other EROADers have to say about working here.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!