Supplier Quality & OpEx Manager
Who is EROAD?
EROAD modernises road charging and compliance for road transport by replacing paper-based systems with easy-to-use electronic systems. EROAD introduced the world’s first nationwide electronic road user charging system in New Zealand in 2009. The company is headquartered in Auckland, with offices in Portland, Oregon and is listed on the New Zealand Exchange (NZX).
This is a critical role as the champion of quality, CI and efficiency throughout the business, advising and coaching on best practice and problem-solving. Your primary responsibility will be to drive operational efficiency and continuous improvement through planning and coordinating all activities to ensure supplier quality, reliability and costs.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- RMA fault determination/diagnostics/root-cause analysis, liaising with Customer & Technical Support to obtain and channel the required level of input on customer complaints
- Issue Supplier Corrective Action Requests, coordinate containment activities, identify root causes/evaluate 8D reports, facilitate the RMA & vendor returns process
- Supplier assessment, release, and development, negotiating supplier target agreements and SLAs
- Supplier quality performance reporting (incl. GSC), RMAs, warranty issues, rejects (PPM), etc
- Supervise and coach technicians in the detection, containment and problem-solving, especially with respect to Final Test and quality root-cause analysis
- Promote the application of CI and lean principles by employees, sub-contractors and suppliers of EROAD
- Continuous optimisation of operational processes, efficiencies and costs at Global Service Centre
- Lead 8D problem-solving and cost improvement initiatives, including productivity and ReDtC
- Implement lean manufacturing principles, Value Stream Mapping, Shop Floor Management, 5S
- Constantly challenge Contract Manufacturer performance and costs
- Drive Engineering Change processes, developing best practice and a culture change.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to apply knowledge of Total Quality Management tools, Lean Six Sigma, TPS
- Demonstrated ability to challenging the status quo, champion change and drive CI
- Minimum of 5 years’ related experience within a high quality manufacturing environment, OEM/EMS
- Experience of lean, Kanban and Kaizen continuous improvement or similar best practice methods or Total Quality Management tools.
This is an outstanding opportunity to take on a critical role in a fast-growing high-tech company with international reach. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.
But don’t take our word for it – see what other EROADers have to say about working here.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!