Product Manager - Tax
Who is EROAD?
EROAD modernises road charging and compliance for road transport by replacing paper-based systems with easy-to-use electronic systems. EROAD introduced the world’s first nationwide electronic road user charging system in New Zealand in 2009. The company is headquartered in Auckland, with offices in Portland, Oregon and is listed on the New Zealand Exchange (NZX).
Creative, smart and driven? We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager with strong customer empathy and proven SaaS product management experience. You will love products and customers and be confident managing through complexity to meet both strategic objectives and our current and future customers’ needs. You will be able to identify high value problems and work closely with our agile development teams deliver intuitive solutions. You’ll be responsible for driving new ideas and delivering success for our customers and our business. And above all, you will have an eye for detail and understand the black and white world of regulatory solutions.
Each of the EROAD Product Management team have a specific area of responsibility and we are after someone who is excited by the opportunity to help make tax compliance easy. EROAD was built on the foundation of a disruptive electronic Road User Charge solution, now expanded to include solutions for Weight Mileage Tax in Oregon, and the International Fuel Tax Agreement across the US. This product area is core to who we are at EROAD and is critical to our customers’ confidence so we need someone who understands the need for accuracy and can keep an eye on the detail.
- Conduct exploratory research to identify high opportunity problems to be solved amongst current and potential customers.
- Forecast commercial outcomes, business value and customer impact in collaboration with the appropriate in-market teams and Finance.
- Work closely with Engineering to define scope and milestones to ensure on-time and in-scope delivery using agile methodologies.
- Partner with UX to validate proposed solutions using prototypes and wireframes to reduce risk and ensure market fit.
- Communicate the product roadmap to a broad range of stakeholders (development teams, in-market businesses, the executive investment committee, and customers) managing competing priorities and ensuring release readiness.
- Support product marketing with value proposition development, internal comms, help and training requirements.
- Analyse product usage trends and user feedback for continuous improvement opportunities.
What are we looking for?
- Graduate or post graduate degree.
- 3 – 5 years SaaS based / digital product management experience.
- Experience in a high growth environment.
- Solid technical knowledge and experience in an agile environment.
- Ability to demonstrate impact delivered to customers.
This is an outstanding opportunity to take on a critical role in a fast-growing high-tech company with international reach. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.
But don’t take our word for it – see what other EROADers have to say about working here.