Customer Success Manager
Who is EROAD?
EROAD modernises road charging and compliance for road transport by replacing paper-based systems with easy-to-use electronic systems. EROAD introduced the world’s first nationwide electronic road user charging system in New Zealand in 2009. The company is headquartered in Auckland, with offices in Portland, Oregon and is listed on the New Zealand Exchange (NZX).
The Customer Success Manager ensures that EROAD’s customers receive significant value from EROAD and seamless service while achieving operational delivery and growth objectives.
A first impression is a lasting one and once a customer has decided that EROAD can help them achieve what they need to do our Customer Success Team creates the foundation for the entire relationship.
Keeping our customer promise of helping them achieve their business outcomes means we take care of their journey with us every step of the way.
- We provide a smooth post sale onboarding experience. To keep commitments on track, we create customer implementation success plans.
- We identify their expectations, and then monitor critical milestones through provisioning, dispatch, installation and training.
- If issues or delays arise, we resolve them quickly and efficiently minimizing customer impact.
This role will manage, motivate and lead the Customer Success function by driving a strong customer-centric culture and ensuring efficient and effective service delivery. Achieving agreed outcomes for customer success and business excellence evidenced through service delivery performance to targets.
As our customers grow and change with us, the Customer Success Manager also supports customers in managing business and product changes, renewal and rollover activity, maintaining and increasing revenue by identifying needs and highlighting opportunities to make our customers’ lives easier.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Manage the handoff from Implementation to Customer Success
- Make proactive, value-added touchpoints with customers assigned to your book of business
- Provide Enterprise level accounts with Quarterly Business Reviews that add value and maintain customers’ business objectives.
- Serve as a customer advocate by: facilitating training and educational sessions on new product and/or functionality releases that bring value to the customer, collaborate as needed with professional services counterparts (implementation, training, etc.) to ensure we deliver a cohesive service experience and monitor and escalate any risks to appropriate management.
- Keep a pulse on happy users and turn them into early adopters of new features.
- Maintain and monitor customers at risk and develop a process and plan to avoid churn.
- Leverage internal tools to manage, track and report on key customer information (i.e. health, contacts, initiatives, business reviews, etc.)
- Ability to communicate product updates and new product releases across departments, ensuring team members have the capability to support new releases and updates prior to launch
- Ensure all activities are provided in a professional, safe and consistent manner.
- Manage the contract renewal outreach with the sales team to ensure contract renewals.
- Assist with NPS scores and general customer management post-sale.
- Respond to customer inquiries within agreed Customer Success SLAs.
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries and issues.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Prepare reports and provide information for business operational scorecards.
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates, communicate and train team on any changes/updates
- Be a champion of customer centric solutions and outcomes within EROAD.
- Implement preventive measures to reduce customer faults and issues.
- Develop and recommend budgets and staffing requirements on a short term and long term basis. Provide forecasts and planning of expected volumes.
- Develop, implement and ensure compliance to business processes and procedures
- Improve business processes implementing a continuous improvement methodology.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ideally experienced with SaaS products.
- Excellent written, oral presentation and interpersonal communication skills, and customer empathy.
- Experienced working with technical and complex products.
- Project and/or Account Management experience in a SaaS environment a plus.
- BA/BS Degree and/or 3+ year’s experience in a customer facing capacity (i.e. AM, CSM).
- Passion for customer experience and customer success
Why work at EROAD?
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a key role in a fast growing high-tech company with international reach. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.
But don’t take our word for it – see what other EROADers have to say about working here.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!