EROAD’s focus is on making our roads safer and more sustainable, through offering easy-to-use, accurate and reliable technology solutions to answer complex transportation problems. Since 2000, EROAD has pioneered innovative commercial and regulatory services for motor carriers in New Zealand, Australia, and the USA. Road transport operators can manage fleets and vehicles, and meet regulatory compliance commitments on a single platform that meets the highest standards of security and accuracy. These regulatory telematic services benefit both our customers by improving return on investment, and communities and the wider public through safer driving practices and valuable data analytics across the road network to help improve the planning, maintenance and management of our roads.
The Sales Engineer (SE) is the primary technical resource for the sales teams, serving as a subject matter expert (SME) for EROAD products and services for the North American market. The SE is responsible for driving effective customer & partner solutions, product evaluations and delivering training to secure the ultimate sale of EROAD products and SaaS based services.
At EROAD our goal is to offer flexible and powerful solutions based on our innovative technology platform to assist in the creation of a transport sector that is responsive to the evolving needs of business, government and the broader community.
Working in concert with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products, the SE position is also responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with our customers within the assigned territory and enhancing the customer experience through the implementation of our products and services.
This is an essential position requiring a highly self-motivated individual contributor, often working remotely, with the ability to handle multiple engineering, integration, training and sales tasks at the same time.
This role is both challenging and rewarding, giving the SE a career growth path with opportunities in EROAD sales hierarchy. As a member of a fully integrated sales and marketing team, this position focuses on growing a new and existing customer base through the lens of a technologist.
The Sales Engineer will be responsible for:
The SE position is responsible for overseeing the planning and engineering of the EROAD solution into prospects, customers and partners, proactively ensuring the highest level of seamless support and quality for the engagement. This includes but is not limited to, the implementation of hardware and software solution services into the transport market with an emphasis on the EROAD advantage over market competition. Basic responsibilities include:
- Actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process.
- Identifying all technical issues of assigned accounts to ensure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Managing customer pilots, ensuring that they are engaging with the product, the pilot and the pre-defined outcomes are achieved.
- Representing and articulating EROAD’s value proposition to customers & partners to both business & technical audiences during meetings, industry events, conferences, seminars, and other related activities.
- Developing and delivering product solutions demonstrations to enterprise or complex accounts.
- Being able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Staying up-to-date on product releases and new features, assisting in training colleagues, customers and partners in the field
- Documenting and communicating product feedback and new requirements from the field to Product Management teams.
- Act as the key liaison between Product Management and North American field engagements at the customer & partner level. Document all such dialogue in Salesforce CRM.
- Orchestrate cross company resources to support Territory’s Sales initiatives.
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews with EROAD’s Sales Engineering Manager and Director of Sales.
- Attend Customer Events and Tradeshows as required.
- Up to 50% TRAVEL MAY BE REQUIRED.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree, in science or engineering is preferred
- 3-5 years of software pre-sales support and/or technical consulting experience. Overall 2+ years of related industry experience (Wireless, M2M, MRM Solutions)
- Experience in Telematics Industry, as well as experience in Oil and Gas market.
- Highly developed knowledge and understanding of all business & solutions development activities
- Strategic solutions skills, ability to grasp strategic initiatives & vision of target accounts, to facilitate sales & effectively close business.
- Must be experienced in basic personal computer operation and capable of effectively using current Microsoft Windows applications (Excel & Word) and custom EROAD software.
- CRM system knowledge (Salesforce.com or equivalent)
- Proven background or aptitude for business development
Why work at EROAD?
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a key role in a fast growing high-tech company with international reach. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.
But don’t take our word for it – see what other EROADers have to say about working here.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!