Technology Account Executive (Sydney)
Who is EROAD?
EROAD modernises road charging and compliance for road transport by replacing paper-based systems with easy-to-use electronic systems. EROAD introduced the world’s first nationwide electronic road user charging system in New Zealand in 2009. With a number of established Australian customers we are one of the largest and fastest growing telematics companies trans-tasman and deliver a complete fleet offering from trucks through to assets. The company is headquartered in Auckland, with offices in Portland, Oregon and is listed on the New Zealand Exchange (NZX).
This is an exciting role for a seasoned Account Manager or Business Development Manager and the chance to be part of the founding team for EROAD’s growth in Australia. EROAD is New Zealand’s largest telematics company and the second largest in Australasia. We have been experiencing phenomenal growth, are well funded and backed by a large R&D and product team.
The position will work closely with other Account Executives and Business Development colleagues in your state, staff from other states in Australia, and the New Zealand team to drive EROAD’s growth into Australia and ensure our existing accounts are well looked after and seeing a return on investment.
The role is a ‘hybrid’ and will cover both Business Development and Account Management. You will be required to present the EROAD proposition, create proposals and close sales wherever possible, predominantly from warm leads driven via marketing or our call centre. You will also set up partner referral networks, or look after channel partners in your regions. The role will require you to look after existing EROAD customers, to ensure they get the best from our solution. You will be accountable for all activities from onboarding, support, training through to renewal of accounts.
To succeed in this role you must gain an intimate understanding of EROAD’s products and services and the way that it benefits customers. You will need to have an entrepreneurial attitude and will be looked to create EROAD’s standard of customer service excellence in Australia. Working in an autonomous nature you will have the ability to wear multiple hats and help consult on EROAD’s strategic sales direction in your region.
The role will consist of but not limiting to:
- Building and developing strong ongoing relationships with our existing and future customers
- Preparing sales proposals and presentations
- Focusing on delivering customer value through full deployment of the Eroad solution
- Supporting the Business Development team to ensure that our customers have a well-structured Account Management plan and maintaining this through the customer life cycle
- Your role is to own the account management process and be responsible for ensuring our customers are receiving the very best service and support
- Working closely with the service delivery and support team and other parts of the business will be paramount in ensuring customers get a high level of account management
- Oversee the entire on boarding process from installation through to review to ensure we meet our obligations
- Prospecting new business and new sales into Australia via the phone - through a combination of cold calling, phone demonstrations, and closing warm marketing generated leads
- Accountable for renewal of accounts where required
- Ensuring all activity is recorded in our CRM system
- Taking a strategic view to growth and sharing experiences with the Australian team.
What are we looking for?
- Well-developed sales and effective relationship building skills
- Enjoys working with cutting edge technologies
- You will need to have a good sense of humour and be able to positively contribute towards a supportive and positive environment
- Experience in related industries to EROAD would be an asset.
Why work at EROAD?
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a pivotal role in a fast growing high-tech company. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment. We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.
But don’t take our word for it – see what other EROADers have to say about working here.
If you would like further details, please feel free to reach out to James Blake, Recruitment Manager [email protected] No agencies please
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!