Technology and Software Business Development Manager (Queensland)
Who is EROAD?
EROAD modernises road charging and compliance for road transport by replacing paper-based systems with easy-to-use electronic systems. EROAD introduced the world’s first nationwide electronic road user charging system in New Zealand in 2009. With a number of established Australian customers we are one of the largest and fastest growing telematics companies trans-tasman and deliver a complete fleet offering from trucks through to assets. The company is headquartered in Auckland, with offices in Portland, Oregon and is listed on the New Zealand Exchange (NZX).
Wanting a role that lets you get in at the foundation of a company in Australia?
Do you enjoy a challenge, fast growth, and are looking for something new and exciting, with the ability to have a positive impact?
This is an exciting role for a seasoned sales professional and the chance to be part of the founding team for EROAD’s growth in Australia. EROAD is New Zealand’s largest telematics company and one of the largest in Australasia. We have been experiencing phenomenal growth, are well funded and backed by a large R&D and product team.
The position will work closely with your other colleagues in your state, staff from other states in Australia, our ANZ phone team, and the New Zealand team to drive EROAD’s growth into Australia. The role involves selling the EROAD solution to key target segments within your state, as well as targeting key accounts in other regions of Australia. Some travel is expected both within Australia and New Zealand.
Initially you will be home based so a high level of autonomy will be required. You will be fully supported and given all the tools required to succeed.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to solution sell and gain an intimate understanding of EROAD’s products and services and the way that it benefits customers. You will need to have a positive attitude and will be looked to create EROAD’s sales growth, adapt to changing market needs, adapt your sales techniques and target segments as opportunity arises. You will be supported by our Marketing and phone based teams to help ensure your success. Working in an autonomous nature you will have the ability to wear multiple hats and help consult on EROAD’s strategic sales direction in your region.
The role will consist of but not limiting to:
- Prospecting new business and sales in your region, through a combination of cold calling, phone demonstrations, face to face meetings, networking and closing warm leads
- Preparing sales proposals and presentations
- Meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Ensuring all activity is recorded in our CRM system
- Ongoing engagement with customer across their lifecycle with EROAD, ensuring EROAD is embedded in their business
- Work with stakeholders within EROAD and the customers’ business to develop and execute on roll out and implementation plans
- Ownership of any key existing EROAD customers in your region as required
- Taking a strategic view to growth and sharing experiences with the Australian team
- Growing, on-boarding, sign up, training and ongoing management of spotters and 3rd party sale channels
- Working with the EROAD operations and finance teams to ensure all elements of the sales process are accurate and executed
- Working with internal stakeholders, including product management teams to ensure you have the knowledge required to sell EROAD’s range of product and services
- Learning of new products as they come to market.
Other tasks will include:
Understanding and working with third party supplier’s products
What are we looking for?
- A self-driven attitude is a must, as well as a thorough understanding of the Australian market, and potential customers.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in a face to face sales environment with a history of exceeding sales targets
- Proven ability to prospect, demonstrate software, and close deals over the phone
- Experience within the telematics industry, or an associated industry an asset
- An excellent reputation as a reliable and customer focused sales professional
- Experience in delivering business change relating to H&S measures, operational performance would be an asset.
Why work at EROAD?
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a pivotal role in a fast growing high-tech company. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment. We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.
But don’t take our word for it – see what other EROADers have to say about working here.
If you would like further details, please feel free to reach out to James Blake, Recruitment Manager [email protected] No agencies please
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!