Inside Sales Representative
Who is EROAD?
EROAD’s focus is on making our roads safer and more sustainable, through offering easy-to-use, accurate and reliable technology solutions to answer complex transportation problems. Since 2000, EROAD has pioneered innovative commercial and regulatory services for motor carriers in New Zealand, Australia, and the USA. Road transport operators can manage fleets and vehicles, and meet regulatory compliance commitments on a single platform that meets the highest standards of security and accuracy. These regulatory telematic services benefit both our customers by improving return on investment, and communities and the wider public through safer driving practices and valuable data analytics across the road network to help improve the planning, maintenance and management of our roads.
As a member of the direct sales department the successful ISR will leverage proven techniques that develop an interest in the company’s products and services. The ISR position promotes the company products to customers via telephone or electronic inquiries and from time to time, in person at events and tradeshows. This position will have outbound call and lead qualification responsibilities as it relates to demand generation program response with the goal of building a sales pipeline of opportunities for the field sales force and in-direct partner base.
This is a hunter role, offering uncapped earning potential as well as professional development.
The responsibilities include:
- Generating revenue to meet defined sales goals
- Developing initial relationships with prospects via cold calling (approx. 50-75 cold calls per day), and cold emailing, in addition to following up on marketing-qualified leads
- Creating and building interest in EROAD’s solutions
- Executing on consistent daily selling behaviors and driving the process throughout the full sales cycle while ensuring a quality customer experience
- Leveraging in-depth market research to identify and qualify new business opportunities
- Efficiently organizing and prioritizing workflow and acting on opportunities based upon profitability and customer timelines
- Consistently and effectively using EROAD’s web-based CRM system (Salesforce.com), and available marketing- and sales-effectiveness tools and resources
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by regularly participating in on-the-job and formal training
- Assessing and responding with a sense of urgency, as both an individual contributor and collaborative team player, in support of EROAD’s objectives
What are we looking for?
- High School diploma, or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of relevant sales experience preferably with SaaS or technology solutions
- Experience cold calling/emailing and a hunter mentality
- Self-starter with a competitive nature
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment with short sales cycles
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic and desire to learn,
- Ability to work independently as well as under direction of team mates
- Computer proficiency as it relates to Microsoft Office and associated programs
- Suitable transportation to/from work
- Ability to clear a full background check
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a key role in a fast growing high-tech company with international reach. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.
But don’t take our word for it – see what other EROADers have to say about working here.