Technical Database Report Developer
The Technical Database Report Developer function is the primary technical resource for the operations team, serving as an advanced subject matter expert (SME) and technical resource for EROAD products and services for the North American market. The position is responsible for driving effective customer & partner reporting solutions and delivering custom and bespoke reports to meet customer enhancement requests and to secure the ultimate sale of EROAD products and SaaS based services.
EROAD has a large number of reports available to our customers which add significant value on a daily basis. As part of our growing professional services suite of services there is the need for an expert in our business to support our customer and business needs and standardize our reporting framework. You will also deliver ad-hoc insight and analytics based on industry type, national trends, and best practices. We are looking for someone who is a customer focused individual who can lead insight conversations with key executives in our customers businesses, strong communication skills are a must. Experience in the freight & transportation, fleet, or construction industries would be an asset.
This is a role that would require working with our professional services team to add insight into requirements documents and technical specifications, as well as working with our engineering team when necessary. The right candidate will have the unique ability to create the analytics reports using their technical skill set, but also interpret the data and create reports and presentations for delivery to the customer.
The role will involve working with a cross-functional team incorporating key members of the North American business as well as a close working relationship with our global data analytics team.
This is an essential position requiring a highly self-motivated individual contributor, with the ability to handle multiple database engineering, integration, training and report development tasks at the same time.
This role is both challenging and rewarding, giving the position a career growth path with opportunities in EROAD support, engineering and development hierarchy. As a member of a fully integrated operations and sales team, this position focuses on growing a new and existing customer base through the lens of a technologist, adding value in additional revenue sources for the company.
Once trained, you will use a combination of strategic sales, systems integration and evaluation initiatives and tools to aid in the development of data insights and reports developed to assist in the expansion of EROAD products within our existing customer base and help build the EROAD brand in the US market.
- Analyze business requirements and assist with creating functional requirements specifications where appropriate.
- Create design specifications to meet functional and business requirements to meet sales needs and customer-specific requests.
- Develop new reports and enhance existing reports; connect to single or multiple data sources.
- Analyze existing reports and improve performance.
- Elicit business pain points with product, sales and operations teams and establish technical/data capabilities
- Actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales (Pre-& Post) & operations process.
- Exhibit excellent analytical practises such as reproducibility or work, documentation of data transformations and treatments, adherence to data visualisation and design principles, and thorough testing of analyses.
- Representing and articulating EROAD’s value proposition to customers & partners to both business & technical audiences during meetings, and customer engagements.
- Staying up-to-date on product releases and new features and providing insight to product and engineering team on report updates that will provide value to customers as well as prospects during the sales cycle.
- Documenting and communicating product feedback and new requirements from the field to Product Management teams.
- Act as the lead liaison between Product Management and North American field engagements at the customer & partner level. Document all such dialogue in Salesforce CRM.
- Orchestrate cross company resources to support sales and operations requirements.
- Work with Tier 3 level support and Engineering teams when necessary to assist product/technical support team in NA.
- Up to 5% TRAVEL MAY BE REQUIRED.
Successful applicants must be able to show that they possess the skills and ability to successfully carry out the responsibilities of the position. The following examples are illustrative of the level of education; experience and training that could be expected to produce these skills. Applicants may demonstrate possession of the necessary abilities in other ways, and therefore these examples are not absolute criteria.
- 5+ years experience as a Technical Database Report Developer delivering and producing the insights.
- Knowledge of statistical or reporting analysis tools e.g. SASS, R, Crystal Reports, Tableau, ClickView or PowerBI
- Excellent Knowledge of SQL and Postgres
- Experience in working on a complete data pipeline, from gathering data, transforming, understanding, visualising it, and explaining results to a less technical audience.
- Proven capability in producing and presenting customer insight reporting
- CRM system knowledge (Salesforce.com or equivalent)
- Proven background or aptitude for business development
- Must clear a full background check
Why work at EROAD?
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a key role in a fast growing high-tech company with international reach. EROAD offers a competitive salary and benefits, excellent career development opportunities, and a fun, fast-paced work environment.
We ensure you have the tools, technology and training to do your best work, and offer flexible work hours to help ensure a healthy work/life balance.
But don’t take our word for it – see what other EROADers have to say about working here.